Entries for the 2021 IT Journalism Awards, commonly known as the Lizzies, are open.
The Lizzies 2021 IT Journalism Awards will celebrate journalists’ achievements throughout the 2020 calendar year, and provide an opportunity for the industry to once again meet in-person following a partially virtual event last year.
“In many ways 2020 was a coming of age for the technology sector, with more people than ever making use of digital tools to enable them to work remotely, or even just to connect with families and friends,” said organiser and Influencing CEO Phil Sim.
Samsung Australia has re-committed to supporting the Lizzies, with Watterson Marketing Communications and Amazon Web Services also pledging their support once again.
“We look forward to recognising the contribution that those in the technology media made to helping Australians adapt to remote and digital work and living, because arguably their work has never been more valuable.”
Award categories include:
- Gold Lizzies: recognising the single best journalist and title for the year of 2020.
- Coverage Awards: recognising editorial quality by a team of journalists working for a single masthead on a single beat. Nominations must include the work of more than one journalist.
- Beat Awards: recognising individual journalists who demonstrate the greatest skill in delivering content for a particular audience.
- Journalism Awards: recognising journalists who excel in different forms of journalism.
- Media Relations Award: chosen by IT journalists, and recognises the PR professional who has left a lasting impression by effectively working alongside the media.
Journalists can now submit their entries to this year’s Samsung IT Journalism Awards by visiting www.thelizzies.com/enter-the-awards
Entries close on 7 May 2021 at 11.59pm AEST.
All journalists who submit an entry will receive a free ticket to the event.
The Samsung Australia IT Journalism Awards will be held on Friday 16 July 2021 at Luna Park’s Crystal Palace in Sydney.
All categories, judging criteria and entry forms can be found at www.thelizzies.com